Welcome to the first Storybook Brawl Patch notes! Our first week of early access has been absolutely amazing! We want to thank everyone for playing and providing feedback; the game is only going to improve from here. Our plan is to have frequent updates like this throughout early access with bug fixes, features, new cards and card changes. We are a small but passionate team, and it means the world to us to see so many people loving the game!
[Level 4] 4 Attack, 1 Health. I have the Last Breath abilities of the characters behind me.
Adding just a single character to Storybook Brawl, with such an open ended ability, could lead to many new combinations.
Old: 2/1 -> New: 1/1
The assassin can get HUGE late game, which we like. But to balance that potential out, we've made it a bit more risky to buy.
Old: 2 cost -> New: 3 cost
Dubly was often dominating the first few turns of the game, getting to numbers other characters could not compete with. This change should still let him get to those crazy high numbers, while being more fair overall.
And most importantly, by popular demand, his name will now change to Triply when you upgrade him!
Old: 3 cost -> New: 2 cost
Crafty swapped costs with Dubly to make sure Fanny still had a few friends at level 2 with her.
Old: 0/1 -> New: 1/1
This change should make mage builds a bit more common, to help catch up with some of the other tribes.
It Was All A Dream
Old: 5 cost -> New: 4 cost
This spell is a lot of fun and can make for some cool transitions, but is often just a bit too hard to justify spending 5 gold on.
Pup the Magic Dragon
Old: Your characters with Support give an additional +2/+2. -> New: Your characters with Support give an additional +2/+1.
Similar to Dubly, Pup could make some characters nearly impossible to compete with in the early game. Pup should still be a very strong early game hero, while also giving its opponents a better chance to compete early on.
Old: When you cast a spell, give two random characters +1/+1 permanently. -> New: When you cast a spell, give a random character +2/+1 permanently.
Did Merlin cast a spell on the devs to make them think the original version was balanced?
Old: Good Monster -> New: Good Princess
The goal is to not only better line up with expectations for her art, but also help give a few more tools for prince/princess compositions.
Old: Snowhere Man-> New: Potion Master
Snowhere man will be returning someday, with a totally new power.
Matchmaking now tries to match players with similar rank together!
- Updated Hero Select UI
- Updated Treasure Select UI
- Updated shop timer SFX to be more noticeable
- Reduced volume on hero damage SFX
- Added your leaderboard position to the rank UI when you are legend rank
- Added tooltips to top bar items (rank, gems, fairy dust, and crowns)
- Added tooltips to XP display, roll button, and lock button
- Changed "Exit" to "Done" on the results screen button
- Added link to how to play video on first play
- Fixed an issue where Triply was not showing the correct size immediately after Upgrading.
- Embiggening Stone with Mimic now immediately gives an additional +15/+15.
- Replacing Fool's Gold as Loki no longer causes the shop to start selling spells.
- When transforming a character with -Health effects (such as from Shrivel), the new character will now always have at least 1 Health.
- If you change to a new hero while you are Grandmother or the Big Bad Wolf, you no longer lose Health.
- Elder Wand and Forking Rod no longer trigger from spells that heroes start with in hand.
- Fixed a bug where Greedy was failing to give gold when surviving damage taken at the start of a brawl (such as from Ring of Meteors).
- Secret Stash and Coin of Charon no longer trigger on ties.
- White Stag now correctly triggers before it attacks instead of after.
- Buff visual effects will no longer play on characters rolled in the shop.
- Fixed options menu not working while waiting for queue.
- Fixed a bug where practice games wouldn't start.
- Fixed pop-in for brawl transition animation.
- Increased AFK timeout in practice games to 15 minutes.
- Fixed timer not showing during hero select.
Note: this article was originally published on Storybook Brawl's news feed on Steam.