59.2.1 Patch Notes
Quality of life card changes and a couple new features.
Welcome to patch 58.3.1! This has some quality of life card changes as well as a couple new features and bug fixes. As a note, this is a server only build, so the card changes won’t show up in the card gallery.
Old: 0/1 -> New: 1/1
It’s very rare, but occasionally Echowood can get to monster health totals without having any attack, which can lead to super drawn out fights. This change is to prevent that, without meaningfully impacting Echowood’s power level. (And now when she would have had 1,000 attack, it will be 1,001 instead!)
Trojan Donkey (Upgraded Version)
Old: When I survive damage, summon a random Upgraded character. -> New: When I survive damage, summon a random character of your level.
Upgraded Trojan Donkey was one of the few characters that could summon Upgraded characters, making it capable of dealing huge chunks of player damage early in the game. Now, the Upgraded Donkey will summon characters whose level is equal to your hero’s level, that are not upgraded. This change should reduce the damage an early Upgraded Donkey is capable of, while also making Donkey a more enticing option later in the game.
Morgan Le Fay
Morgan Le Fay can now get multiple treasures if you gain health and drop below 20 again
Update to Copied Spells
Before, when spells like Beauty’s Influence or True Love’s Kiss were cast twice, the second cast wouldn’t do anything because the character it was cast on had changed out from under it. We are changing how some of these spells work. The spells listed below will now double their effects when copied:
- Belle's Influence (+8 health)
- True Love's Kiss (+2 levels)
- Feed the Kraken (+4 gold)
- The End (+2 XP)
- Evil Twin (get two evil plain copies)
- Shard of the Ice Queen (+2/+2)
When you run out of time picking a treasure, you will now get to choose your treasure when you return to the shop after the brawl. (Skipping a treasure after running out of time does not give any Gold.)
- When multiple abilities happen at the same time, we changed the timing of any resulting triggers. Previously, the triggers would happen after resolving all of the simultaneous abilities; now, after each ability, any resulting triggers will resolve before resolving the next ability. This change should make sure things happen in a more intuitive order. A couple of interactions that this change has fixed:
- When buffs and damage effects both occur at the start of a brawl, Echowood will now correctly trigger from the buffs before the damage effects happen.
- Nutcracker is now getting Quest progress when dealt lethal damage from multiple sources, when it survives some of the sources of damage.
- When you pick multiple treasures for Locked Chest (due to Celestial Tiger or Mimic) and pick Treasure Map as your first treasure, the Treasure Map will now correctly apply to your second treasure choice.
- If Cinder-Ella would become the target of a spell and it would complete its Quest during that spell the spell will now correctly take effect.
- Merlin can randomly buff characters in hand again.
- Bonus Fairy Dust from Fairy Queen’s Wand will now show in the rewards screen.
- If your hand and board are full while you have Dwarven Forge and Mimic, you can now correctly purchase a Dwarf that would Upgrade.
59.2.2 Patch Notes
UPDATED: July 26, 2021
We just have a small batch of bug fixes this week as we're working on some bigger features coming down the road. (This update is server-side only and doesn't require any download.)
- You can now see emotes during the brawl that kills you.
- Fixed an issue that could result in a character being moved to the shop when Upgraded.
- When a character survives an attack, but not resulting triggers that deal damage, it will now properly trigger any survive damage abilities.
- Double casting Croc Bait will now correctly result in a Croc in a Croc.
- Triple casting True Love's Kiss will now correctly net you a character 3 levels higher.
- Poison Apple will now cast after start of brawl buff effects (such as Lordy).
- Exact copies of Captain Croc now properly copy the swallowed character.
- Mordred's ability can no longer summon two characters if one of your characters dies from start of brawl effects.
- If you time out selecting a new hero and lose the brawl, your health no longer goes back to what it was before the brawl.
- Game server will now prevent moving cards and locking shop while you have a treasure or hero choice to make.
Note: this article was originally published on Storybook Brawl's news feed on Steam.