Hi players, and welcome to our first ever tournament announcement! Today we’ll provide details for a small tournament we’re running this weekend to test our systems, as well as a bigger tournament we’re running next month! Here are the details:
Early Access Mock Tournament
Saturday 7/17 @ 2PM PT
Players may sign up for the tournament on Discord starting today. 24 competitors will be chosen at random on Thursday July 15 at noon Pacific Time. To sign up, go to the #tournament-signup Discord channel and click the check mark.
- 1st: $100 + invite to Early Access Celebration
- 2nd: $50
- 3rd-4th: $25
- Everyone who participates: 4,000 Dust (enough for a free hero)
- Live coverage will be provided on Twitch.
- Commentators will be: Parney, Matt Nass, Matt Place, and Wrapter
- Codes for free heroes and other prizes will be given out during the stream.
Early Access Celebration
- Top 16 ladder
- 7 community invites
- 1 winner from mock tourney
- 1st: $1k Invite for future tournament*
- 2nd: $600 Invite for future tournament*
- 3rd: $300
- 4th: $200
- 5th-8th: $100
- 1st-24th: 700 Gem code (given out pre-tournament)
*Future tournament details TBD, but tentatively planned for some time in September, and should have a larger prize.
Rules and Format
The format and rules for both tournaments will be the same, and goes as follows:
- 3 rounds of random 8 player pods
- Points awarded for placement in each pod:
- 1st: 10
- 2nd: 7
- 3rd: 5
- 4th: 4
- 5th: 3
- 6th: 2
- 7th: 1
- 8th: 0
- After 3 rounds, the 8 highest point holders enter the Top 8, the final 8 person bracket.
- Final lobby of top 8 to determine winners. Points are a clean slate for the final lobby.
Tiebreakers for Points
- Highest Finish
- Second Highest Finish
- Most points in joint matches.
- Lobbies with bugs or issues at or before Hero select will be restarted.
- Lobbies with bugs or issues (internet disconnects etc.) after that point will play on.
- All rulings are the right of the tournament organizers.
- Players must share their screen in discord while playing.
- Streaming on twitch or other platforms is allowed, but must be in addition to sharing screen on discord.
- Players must be prepared to play the whole event (~4 hours).
Note: this announcement was originally published on Storybook Brawl's news feed on Steam.