Welcome to patch 60.2, the “Puff Puff gets Buff Buffed” patch!
This is our biggest patch yet including balance updates, new features, and bug fixes.
Old: Gain +3 Health and +1 XP. -> New: Gain +1 XP.
Old: Devour a character to gain +1 XP. -> New: Devour a character to gain Health equal to its level and +1 XP. Old: 2 cost. -> New: 3 cost.
It's nice to have a simple baseline for XP gain in Turkish Delight, and The End scaling off the devoured character adds an interesting angle to it as well.
In Storybook Brawl, leveling faster than your opponents is a huge advantage. We’ve changed these +XP spells to make them a bit weaker, and more properly balance the question “Are you strong enough to lose short term power for long term gain?”
Old: 5/5 -> New: 3/3
We either had to change Good Boy’s name to Too Good Boy, or nerf him. We decided not to change his name.
This is a minor nerf and we will be paying attention to how “good” he is after this change.
Old: Treant Support: +1/+2 permanently. -> New: Treant Support: +2/+2 permanently.
Attack buffs are what most Treants want since they already have such high health totals, so this change should make Heartwood Elder much more satisfying to play with.
We are making small stat changes to a number of characters that felt a bit below rate:
Old: 5/5 -> New: 7/5
Old: 5/5 -> New: 6/6
Old: 6/6 -> New: 7/7
Old: Last Breath: If Juliet is dead, summon her and give her +6/+6 this brawl. -> New: If Juliet is dead, summon her and give her +7/+7 this brawl.
Nian, Sea Terror
Old: 8/8 -> New: 10/10
Old: 8/8 -> New: 10/10
Old: 0/15 -> New: 0/18
Now guaranteed to see a level 2 character on turn 1. We’ve also made some fixes to how Peter Pants works when picked with “It Was All a Dream”. You will now get Pants bonuses for each level above 3 when picked, and can continue gaining bonuses if you are already level 6.
Hitting all 3s on turn one with Pan can be very frustrating and uninteresting. We’ve removed that possibility.
Old: Your level 5 and 6 characters cost 2 less Gold. -> New: Your level 4, 5, and 6 characters cost 3 Gold.
Xelhua may have been the weakest hero in the game, so our goal this patch is to make a significant change. Not only will he start saving you gold a whole level sooner, but he now cuts the cost of level 6s in half.
Morgan Le Fay
When you drop below 20 health, pick a treasure of your level. -> New: When you drop below 20 health, and when you drop below 5 health, pick a treasure of your level.
This gives a bit of power points to Morgan, and gives an exciting moment to see if you can hit the 1-4 sweet spot for an extra treasure.
- Updated flow when connecting or reconnecting to a game.
- Shop to Brawl transition updated.
- Collection added click to zoom and ability to buy heroes.
- Added dialog for user to update client if out of date.
- Lucky's ability will no longer target 0 cost characters.
- Stolen exact copies of Captain Croc will now summon the swallowed character for you instead of the player you stole the Croc from.
- Can no longer interact with cards while picking a treasure or hero.
- Fixed Emote bar being behind vs transition.
- Lock button now correctly resets after a roll.
- Fixed remaining treasures that were ignoring volume settings.
- Rewards Screen will now correctly display 200- Fairy Dust.
- Heroes button text in collection fixed.
- Free Roll
- The End
- Evil Twin
- Ring of Revenge
- Tell Tale Quiver
- Coin of Charon
- Summoning Portal
- The Holy Grail
- Defeated players
60.3 Hotfix Patch
UPDATED: August 17, 2021
- Fixed Hero Bar ghost icon
- Performance optimizations
- Added better messaging when can't connect to steam
- Fixes for Ready button and freezing on start of brawl
- Updated the Card Gallery cards
Note: this article was originally published on Storybook Brawl's news feed on Steam.