Welcome to Patch 61.1.1 ! This patch has a few balance changes in addition to bug fixes (mostly centering around some issues with transformation of characters).
As a note, these changes will not show up in the collection screen until the next client update.
Old: 3 cost 3/3 -> New: 4 cost 5/5
Prince/Princess strategies were showing up too much in games and presenting numbers too big for such a linear strategy. Long term we’d like to find other ways to increase the viability of these builds, but for now we’re reverting Arthur.
The Round Table
Old: 6 cost -> New: 7 cost
The Round Table is one of the best treasures in the game, and has too consistently led to monster Treant builds when you find it. Level 7 fits its power level better.
Old: Neutral 2/9 -> New: Good 5/7
With Round Table harder to find we wanted to give some love back to Treants. So we’re giving a slight buff to Heartwood Elder to hopefully make it more appealing in the midgame.
Old: 4 cost -> New: 3 cost
Imagine throwing a party and having no one show up! The Gingerbread Witch asked us to reduce the cost by one on her spell, and we listen to the players AND our characters.
- Improved the in-game pairings to more closely follow round-robin pairings.
- Different dead players now all count as the same player for the purposes of pairings (meaning you can no longer play against dead players back to back).
- Mihri, King Lion now counts past upgrades when you switch into him.
- Transforming into an upgraded Prince or Princess no longer counts as an upgrade for Mihri.
- Fixed a bug where granted abilities (Trophy Hunter, Sad Dracula, etc.) were being lost when a character was temporarily transformed.
- When a character is temporarily transformed multiple times in the same round, it will now correctly transform back into its original form.
- When a character completes its Quest and is then temporarily transformed, it will now correctly upgrade when it transforms back.
- Fixed a bug where Blind Mouse could get higher level treasures than intended after being temporarily transformed.
- Humpty Dumpty no longer triggers Muerte's ability when it dies.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Mimic to not double Helm of the Ugly Gosling's ability.
- Lancelot can no longer complete his quest while in hand.
- Attack bonuses from your opponent's Eye of Ares no longer show when you return to the shop.
Note: this article was originally published on Storybook Brawl's news feed on Steam.