Welcome to Patch 62.3 Notes.
Wow, look at these updates! Hard to believe only one of them is fake.
- Group Lobbies
- Rank System Updates
- Small Store Update
- Replaced all instances of upper case "i"s with lowercase "L"s. And vice versa.
- Lots of New Art
We are super excited to get a number of new features out into the world before our upcoming tournament.
This is a big one! Players can now create and join private groups with friends. The group leader simply needs to name their game then share that name with friends. Group lobbies are unranked, and will fill with bots if you have less than 8 players. Dust rewards will be same as in practice.
Please note, this is a feature we are continuing to work on and improve. In addition to improved visuals, we are working on supporting options to fill the game with bots or not, and turning on timers or not.
We are adding three new ranks to our system. Noble and Monarch are additional thresholds in between ranks, and Mythic is a new rank above Legend. Mythic will be the cutoff for our October Qualifier. Once you hit Mythic you can't drop below 4,000 points, so feel free to play to your heart's content. In addition, players in Legend will now always earn positive points for top 4s! Here's the new ranked breakdown as well as how point gain works in each rank.
Point gains are ELO based, but have these minimums:
Point gains are ELO based, with no minimums. In addition, players at Mythic will not earn the +25 rank points for first win of the day.
We are updating our store to use a more tabbed layout like our collection. This layout will allow you to view your unowned heroes from the store, as well as supporting us adding more items to the store in the future. We've also added % off tags on our gem bundles.
Wish Upon a Star
Feed the Kraken
It Was All a Dream
Book of Heroes
Genie's Wish (formerly Mysterious Scroll)
Fallen Angel and Mihri have joined the normal hero pool, and can show up in any of slots 2-4.
- Devour animation sped up to reduce issues with animation.
- Fixed Pan Level up animation playing behind board.
- Fixed crash when user left mouse over lock button when transitioning from brawl to shop.
- High attack/health numbers show up in rewards screen.
- Adjusted top bar layout to fix some sizing issues.
- Fixed Ready button highlight over tooltips.
- Fixed Earthquake FX.
- Fixed users with non-gregorian calendars not being able to login.
- Removed unlimited FPS option.
- Fixed issues with player names not displaying & added a cutoff if the name is > 50 chars.
- Fixed brawl button displaying briefly in bot games.
- No longer hear a sound if you concede during hero select.
- Fixed leaderboard rank not being fetched & displayed on login.
Note: this article was originally published on Storybook Brawl's news feed on Steam.