Announcing the December Championship Qualifier! This tournament qualifies for March’s Spring Championship. It will take place the weekend of December 18-19. Remember - you must be a member of the Storybook Brawl Discord to participate. Here are the details:
Anyone who reached Mythic rank in October or November (finished with greater than 4,000 ranked points) is invited to play in the December Championship Qualifier. If you plan to play and haven't already, please join the official Storybook Brawl Discord and use the !signup “your sbb game name” command in the #tournament-signup channel. You must have signed up in Discord by Sunday, December 12 in order to participate. The full list of qualified players can be found here and here.
|1st-8th||Invite to Spring Championship|
|1st-16th||Super Pan bundle code|
- Staggered flights at different times (times listed below).
- 6 rounds of 8-player pods. Players may be given a deferred round that they will make up at the end of their flight (this system is used to avoid bot games).
- Points awarded for placement in each pod:
- After 6 rounds, all players with 36 points or more enter Day 2, to be played on Sunday.
Day 1 Flight Times
|Friday||4p PST / 12a UTC|
|Friday||7p PST / 3a UTC|
|Saturday||3a PST / 11a UTC|
|Saturday||6a PST / 2p UTC|
|Saturday||9a PST / 5p UTC|
|Saturday||12p PST / 8p UTC|
|Saturday||3p PST / 11p UTC|
- Starts Sunday at 10am PST / 6p UTC.
- Players' points reset at the start of Day 2.
- 5 rounds of 8-player pods, following the same structure as Day 1. Some players may have a deferred round to insure limited bots.
- After the 5 rounds plus the deferred round are complete, the 8 players with the highest points cut to the Top 8 race.
- The top 8 will be a “race” format over several rounds. Once a player earns 10 points they become “live” to win the event. The top 8 will continue until one of these “live” players wins 1st place in a brawl.
- Once that occurs, they are the winner of the event and the remaining players are sorted by points for standings.
Tiebreakers for Points
- Highest Finish, Second Highest Finish and so on.
- Day 1 point total
- Rank on December ladder
- Lobbies with bugs or issues at or before Hero select will be restarted.
- Lobbies with bugs or issues (internet disconnects etc.) after that point will play on.
- All rulings are the right of the tournament organizers.
- Players must stream their screen to Discord if able on Day 2 if selected as coverage's featured pod.
- Streaming on Twitch or other platforms is allowed for Day 1, but streaming with no delay is at your own risk.
- Streaming on Twitch or other platforms is allowed for Day 2, but must use the same 15-minute delay as coverage.
- In order to participate in this event you must be registered on the official Storybook Brawl Discord:
- Players must use the !signup “your game name” command in #tournament-signups by Sunday, December 12 in order to be eligible to participate.
- Players must then register for a Day 1 Flight time, and follow any associated tournament organizer instructions.
- The event will be run through the Discord.
- Coverage will only be provided for Day 2.
- Starts at 10am Pacific Time on December 19.
- Coverage will be on the Storybook Brawl Twitch.
Note: this announcement was originally published on Storybook Brawl's news feed on Steam.