Welcome to Patch Notes for Patch 71.15! This patch brings you a Snow Angel remake, some character and treasure changes, the first version of the highly-anticipated cosmetic select, and plenty of bug fixes. We've got a lot of action to cover, so let's jump in!
New Feature - Cosmetic Select
We have added the ability to select which cosmetics you would like to use. You can favorite hero skins, as well as hero frames to pick which version you'd like to show up in game. We will soon add this for emotes as well, meaning you'll be able to customize which emotes you'd like to use. Note that this is version 1, and we plan to continue iterating and improving on the visuals over time.
New Art / Names
Baby Root has spiffy new art - how could anyone be so cruel as to attack the Baby Root now?
Grumblegore is no more! Boom Hilda is the new name for this monstrous support, to better match her new artwork.
The Chupacabra -> 8/6
Feasting Dragon -> 6/8
We made these two changes for the same reason - we want to buff some of the early Slay characters, particularly those with interesting outputs. I love a Feasting Dragon, and now it's that much more likely to feast (Chups is cool too, but my heart is with FeastyD). At 8/6 and 6/8 respectively, these are better buys early and more likely to spend a little more time on your squad.
Dracula's Saber -> +1/+1
Drac's Saber was originally +2/+0, and got changed to +2/+1 after being fairly ineffective. As it turns out, +2/+1 is a bit too many stats over the course of a brawl, and this became a treasure you were obliged to pick too frequently. The change to +1/+1 still gives you a lot of power as the fight goes on, but is not as crushing, especially when found early or against token strategies.
Fairy Queen's Wand -> +7/+7
The intention of Fairy Queen's Wand was never to compete with the other level 7 Treasures, but it was falling too far behind even the level 6's. The goal here is a treasure that's weaker than your other options but gives you an extra bonus if you take down the lobby - a victory lap of sorts. At +7/+7, it's strong enough to justify if it's close, or if you're as confident as Matt Nass.
Snow Angel -> When you level up, get a random Good character of your level.
Snow Angel has returned to tell its tale, and now triggers on level up instead of anything related to buying. This is a mashup of Snow Angel's original concept and a hero we've tested for quite some time on beta, and should push you somewhat toward Good by giving you Good characters. However, because you aren't required to only buy Good characters, there's a lot more flexibility. It gives you four free characters over the course of the game, which goes a long way towards early board presence and direction for later comps.
Cupid -> When I attack and damage a character, it attacks a character on its own side.
Since Cupid has to actually damage whatever it attacks, Soltak Ancient now prevents Cupid's ability, which lines up to what most people thought should happen.
It Was All a Dream
You now have the option to skip selecting a new hero on It Was All a Dream (for zero gold). IWAD is one of the most fun spells, and having to switch to a weaker hero detracted from it, so now you aren't forced to do so.
Attack animation speed-up changes
We've made some changes to animation speedup to have it ramp up in speed more gradually and cap out at a slower speed. Let us know what you think!
Banning treasures on certain heroes:
- King Midas: Sky Castle
- Loki: Great Library Card, Crystal Ball, Merlin's Hat, Forking Rod, Wand of Weirding, Black Prism
Some treasures do literally nothing on specific heroes, so we are expanding the banlist for those heroes (with Pan's Shadow already being unable to see Staff of the Old Toad, for example). King Midas doesn't need Sky Castle, and we are now saving Loki players from picking Crystal Ball or other spell treasures out of habit (not that I've ever done that, nope).
Bug fixes & Improvements
- Fixed an issue with a players placement in match history not accurately reflecting their placement if there was a mid-shop concession
- Fixed a bug where if you floated two treasure selections you could gain gold from the second selection if skipped
- Fixed an issue with first win of the day not resetting at midnight PST
- Fixed an issue where spells created in hand (such as from Gwen) showed their full cost instead of being 0 cost
- Fixed a bug where Masquerade Ball would transform characters in your shop that were put there from overflow
- Fixed a bug where the Gold tooltip displayed the wrong information
- Fixed an issue with system time not being trusted causing SBB99 to not show or show at incorrect times.
- Fixed a bug where upon first getting into your SBB99 game, your next opponent wasn't shown on the leaderboard.
- Fixed a bug where new players were not able to play the Tutorial and erroneous buttons were displayed and unresponsive
- Fixed a bug with Sir Galahad not giving your characters +1/+1 from treasure(s) seen from Krampus' Sleigh
- Fixed a bug where characters gotten from Kidnap/Gloves of Thieving while the opponent had a Radiant Prism would maintain "all types"
- Fixed a bug where if you had Krampus' Sleigh and the opponent had Secret Stash and they lost the brawl, you would not get the option to choose it and the sleigh would sacrifice itself.
- Fixed a bug where if you would replace Great Library Card it could lead to having no more spells in shop.
- Fixed a bug where if you had Sky Castle and would get Radiant Prism as one of your other treasures, your pairs would not immediately upgrade until another action was taken.