Patch Notes 71.20
Card changes, emote selection, and loads of new art! Let's dive into the changes with LSV!
Welcome to Patch Notes for Patch 71.20 - we’ve got a lot of balance changes, a new character, emote selection, and a ton of new art. Let’s dive in!
LSV & Matt Nass discuss the new changes
Queen of Hearts -> 1/1
Queen of Hearts dominated the midgame too easily, with just two other Evil characters making her effectively a 5/7. By reducing her to 1/1 starting stats, we bring her more in line with other characters at level three.
Princess Wight -> 3/5
Princess Wight needed a little extra juice, and giving her +1/+1 is enough to make her the fairest of them all.
Amy -> 6/6
Greedy -> 5/9
Angry -> 10/15
These Dwarves are getting some buffs, as they do cool things and have been a little behind the rest of the pack (my pro-Greedy agenda has finally paid off). Plus, Angry really should have been better at hitting things to begin with.
Copycat has fallen out of favor, and we'd like to encourage its unique play pattern. Two extra health means it will survive a little more often, and enables various combo comps.
Wombats -> 5/5
They could be anything, even a level 6! Wombats are one of the most fun characters in the game, and we wanted them to earn a place on your team more often than they do now.
Hercules -> 25/25
Hercules is one of the best level 6 characters to get ahead of schedule, but struggles to complete his quest if you get him much later than that. By increasing his stats to 25/25, we are making it a little less of a Herculean task, and something you may go for even when you've been level 6 for a few turns.
Boom Hilda -> Gained "Mage" type
After we got the new art and concept for Boom Hilda, it was hard to justify not adding "Mage". Plus, this opens the door for more Aon combos, which I'm certainly not going to say "no" to.
Xelhua -> 40 Health
Xelhua is consistently at or near the top of the list when it comes to hero winrates, and is powerful enough in the lategame to not need the extra boost in health.
Radiant Prism -> The World Tree
Having two Level 7 Prisms didn't really make sense, so this is switching to a different (and more flavorful) concept in The World Tree. (Remastered art coming soon)
Book of Heroes -> +2/+2
Book of Heroes wasn't feeling particularly heroic, especially given all the pieces you needed to have it work. As such, we are buffing it.
Princess Pea - Good Royal Level 6 10/10
I get double bonuses from Supports.
Last Breath: Give the characters Supporting me my Attack and Health this brawl.
Royals has been missing a non-quest Level 6 character for a while now, so Princess Pea to the rescue! All she wants is some good support, which is a key to a good night's sleep.
There's a ton of new art going into the client - check out the sweet additions!
- Ring of Regeneration
- Dracula's Saber
- Labyrinth Minotaur
- Deck of Many Things
- Needle Nose Daggers
- Dancing Sword
- Ring of Rage
- Ring of Meteors
- Corrupted Heartwood
- Dragon Nest
- Burn Beard (new name of Burning Tree)
- Ring of Thunder (new name of Ring of Revenge)
- Cloak of the Assassin
- The Round Table
- Bounty Board
- Fancy Pants
- Trojan Donkey
- Shadow Assassin
- Wizard's Familiar
- Frog Prince
- Pup the Magic Dragon
- Merlin's Slippers (new name of Great Library Card)
- The World Tree (new name of Radiant Prism)
- Lightning Bolt
- Sugar and Spice
- The Singing Sword
- Magic Research
- Fairy Queen's Wand
- Phoenix Feather
Emote Selection in Collection
We've added emote selection! Now you can pick the perfect combination of emotes to express yourself in game (I can't resist some Trash Panda emotes myself).
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- No more shared pools. Each player has a personal pool that doesn't empty.
- This change was already made for SBB99, and we decided to make it standard across all modes. It simplifies things, and wasn't a key gameplay element.
- We did a major refactor of trigger timing, fixing many bugs involving interactions with triggers occurring at the same time:
- When two or more characters die simultaneously (Doombreath, Falling Stars, etc.) Phoenix Feather will no longer revive the wrong (smaller) character.
- If Wretched Mummy trades with Soltak Ancient, the Last Breath trigger can now damage characters that were previously protected by Soltak.
- Time Flies should no longer take priority over other summon effects in any scenario.
- Muerte with Copycat will now double the first (leftmost) Last Breath effect.
- With Ring of Meteors/Falling Stars, a full board, and one 1 health character, Trojan Donkey will now properly summon a character into the newly-vacated slot.
- Randomly cast targeted spells now trigger "cast directly on me" abilities:
- Random spells from Genie's Wish now work with Potion Master.
- Crystal Ball adds a spell and allows casting another spell if Genie's Wish produces a targeted spell.
- Random spells from Genie's Wish and/or Loki can now wake a Sleeping Princess and/or trigger Potion Master's Cookbook.
- Fixed a bug with International dates causing errors for players when redeeming Untapped codes.
- Fixed an issue with formatting on text for cards not being centered.
- Fixed an issue with Giganify's art being pixelated.
- Fixed a bug where if you had a Great Library Card and played For Glory! your bonus character wasn't added to shop when you had a full board/hand/shop.
- Fixed a bug where Fates destined character was not added to shop if you had Great Library Card and you had a full board/hand/shop.
- Fixed an issue with Winningest Hero in Profile not displaying your alt hero costume if you had one.
- Added three new Costumes and a new hero frame for Untapped. (More info soon!)