Patch Notes 72.10
The patch was delayed, but don't get Rumpled, it's finally here! Let's mobilize! Be sure to Zip (not Waddle) over to Steam and start playing, before RagnaROCK is upon us!
Hello, and welcome to Patch Notes for our first September patch! We are adding quite a bit of new content on the Hero side this time, with a rocking costume, two brand-new Heroes, a significant change to another, as well as the return of Fanny and a nerf to Empress Pea (she also got a promotion, as you can see by her new name). Let's dive in!
You start with Spinning Gold. (Double your gold.)
Rumplestiltskin is here, and he comes bearing gifts. You start each game with Spinning Gold, a spell that doubles your current gold, and get to decide when to use it for maximum impact. There are a bunch of sweet combos with Rumple, though my favorite is (of course) Piggy Bank. I've been blazing new trails in finding out how much unspent gold I can die with, and this goes a long way towards those goals. How much gold can you hoard, and when is the best time to spend it?
Zippee the Zombee
You get an Evil Twin every 15 enemies you kill. (Create a plain copy of a Good character, but it's Evil!)
I'm here to confirm that the buzz about new Heroes is true, and Zippee is ready for action. For every 15 enemies you take down, you get an Evil Twin in hand, and these Evil Twins don't even use your spell slot for the turn. Figuring out when to best use Evil Twin is key with Zippee, and there are plenty of options as the game goes on. You want to be strong in order to keep winning fights and stinging enemies, but saving Evil Twins for later can be more powerful. Decisions, decisions...
Who is ready to party like there's no tomorrow? This head-banging new Apocalypse costume along with three hot new emotes are available now in the store and are the perfect way to bring your lobby to its knees!
Neutral Dwarf | Level 4 | 4/4
Dwarf Support: +4/+4.
Fanny is back from her vacation, and she seems to have spent it in the gym. Now at 4/4 that gives +4/+4, Fanny will bolster your Dwarf comps in the midgame nicely.
Wonder Waddle -> now only works with Level 2 Animals.
Wonder Waddle has been at or near the top of the heap for Heroes basically since launch, and the addition of Skip's Puzzle Rune has really put it over the top. This is a big change, but Waddle can still hold its own, and no longer tripling level 3 Animals reduces how often Waddle runs the lobby with an early Hat-Ball. It still has the Blind Mouse starts available, and I have no fear that Waddle will drop off the map entirely.
Empress Pea -> 5/5 (and name change)
Princess Pea got a title upgrade, and as is only fitting, stats that befit her new, less combat-oriented rank. Empress Pea is a strong level 6 character to build around, and that remains true even if she doesn't come out the gates quite as powerfully.
Fairy Godmother -> add Mage type
Given the sweet new art, we felt it right to acknowledge the magical properties of Fairy Godmother. This isn't a power level decision as much as a flavor one, as most type changes tend to be.
Spinning Gold -> renamed to Reckless Wager
Potion Master's Cookbook -> renamed to Boiling Beaker
Spinning Gold was renamed because of Rumplestiltskin, who stole back the name that best fit with his spell. Reckless Wager captures the spirit of this card even better, though the stronger you are, the less reckless it is.
Potion Master's Cookbook got sweet new art, so the concept changed as a result. Time to brew up some great comps with one of my favorite heroes.
Login Flow / Display Name Changes
We now have Storybook Brawl accounts, separate from your Steam accounts!
All users will need to create a Storybook Brawl account, and linking it to your existing account doesn't take long. To link your Steam account to your new account and pick a display name, you'll need to follow a few quick steps.
From the new landing page, click "SIGN IN" followed by "LOGIN WITH STEAM".
From there, click Settings -> Account Settings -> Create a Storybook Brawl Account.
You can now enter an email and password.
Then you will be prompted to submit your display name.
- After registering, your display name won't show up correctly in some areas of the game. Once you relog, that issue will be fixed.
- Tutorial is disabled for this patch so any new players that join will currently be sent to the main menu upon logging in with "I'm new".
Mobile Invite Info
This week we sent out our first batch of mobile beta invites! We are starting with a batch of around 50 players on both iOS and Android, and will be adding many more soon.
If you haven't already, sign up here. Storybook Brawl on mobile is a game-changer, and I know I will be living in the queue once we go wide with invites.
Camera Adjustments and Board View
When you play your first game on this patch, you will likely notice that some things look & feel a little bit different on the shop screen. We understand that UI/Camera changes can feel weird at first, so we wanted to take a moment to walk you through what has changed, as well as some thoughts for the future.
Shop camera shift
The shop screen camera has shifted 'up' a little on the screen. This means that the elements in the shop will appear higher up on the screen than before. This includes the gingerbread man in the background, the shop cards & buttons, your board, and the cards in your hand. The primary reason for this change was that it was necessary for the mobile apps.
This now displays more of the card in your hand, including its stats!
In addition we have a number of adjustments in progress to add more clarity, such as potentially changing the cards in your hand to being the actual full "card" and then switching to the "puck" when you drag it to the board:
Nameplates are here! Below your hero (as well as other areas in the game like the results screen) your in-game name will now appear printed on a simple scroll nameplate. Now that nameplate functionality has been added to the game, we will be able to incorporate your Pro Club status into the game by having a custom nameplate for Bronze, Silver, and Gold Pro Club members. This functionality is planned for the next patch.
- Fallen Angel
- Boiling Beaker (was Potion Master's Cookbook)
- Crystal Ball
- Pandora's Box
- Fountain of Youth
- Bad Moon
- Fairy Godmother
- The Green Knight
- Nian, Sea Terror
- Darkwood Creeper
- Kitty Cutpurse
- Prized Pig
- Dracula's Saber
- Ring of Rage
- Deck of Many Things
- Ring of Thunder
- Fancy Pants
- Cloak of the Assassin
- Ring of Regeneration
- Ring of Meteors
- Needle Nose Daggers
- Dragon Nest
- Dancing Sword
- Corrupted Heartwood
- Bounty Board
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed an issue where the Roll button wouldn't trigger a roll on every press
- Fixed a bug with the roll and lock tooltips not displaying on mouse over
- Fixed an issue where Groups was giving out crowns for games with less than 8 real players
- Candy Rain will now correctly buff characters you got during the previous brawl, and not characters that were transformed during the previous brawl.
- If you "It Was All a Dream" into Snow Angel, you now get a Good character of your level immediately.
- Fixed issues with not being able to replace treasures when gaining multiple new treasures at the start of a round.
- Fixed an issue that allowed you to get two of the same treasure if multiple treasure discoveries happened at the start of a round.
- Fixed an issue where Empress Pea's Last Breath ability could stop working if you replaced an Evil Eye.
- Fixed an issue where Pan's Shadow could get level 2 and 3 shop characters after replacing a Staff of the Old Toad.
- Fixed a bug where if you got Staff of the Old Toad through Krampus' Sleigh then "It was all a dream" after your shop could see level 2 and 3 characters again.
- Fixed an issue where upon reconnection your next opponent wouldn't be highlighted on the hero leaderboard
- Cleaned up what slot cards added to the shop get put in. Most relevant for Fates (with locked shops).
- Added an Untapped link to the main menu
- We Improved our pairing algorithm by having pairings be round robin until at least 2 players are dead
- Improvements and bug fixes for reconnecting to lobbies